Life is absurd. And life is precious. Family is a lot of both.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Summertime -- in 15 Phrases

I really do love having all of my little ones home (from college to preschool) all summer. I do. I really do.

But I know what's coming:

Summer family memories are the best. (This was taken before a
two-hour ride in the car and after a stern warning about getting wet
since we had no dry clothes.)


1. There's nothing to eat in here.

2. Why do I have to go to bed when the sun is still up?

3. I don't need a bath, I played in the sprinkler.
Actually, skipping a bath after playing in soap and water is
completely justifiable.
4. We're just going to shoot off a few fireworks, but we'll be careful.

It's always fun until someone has to call the ambulance.















5. The car's out of gas.

6. I just mowed last week.

7. I can't find a job. No one's hiring.

8. I'm hungry. And so are my six friends who are with me.

You never know how many friends your kids have until it's
lunchtime on a summer day.


















9. It's too hot to go outside.

10. I don't know who left the water hose on.

11. Mom, look! I'm pretty sure it's not poisonous.

12. Could you be a littler quieter in the morning? I'm trying to sleep in.

Okay, it's hard to stay irritated for long
when they look like sleeping angels.





















13. My teacher was nicer than you.

14. But why can't we go to Disney World? Whywhywhywhywhywhywhy?

15. I'm bored. Wait, what? I didn't say I'm bored. Noooooo!


4 comments :

  1. Love it! Gotta admit...I said most of those...and on occasion still do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The playing in soap and water photo is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a family favorite. It's actually shaving cream...hours of fun!

    ReplyDelete